Applications to join the C.H.I.E.F. organization are accepted at any time. We recommend applying by August 15th proceeding the school year. Membership in C.H.I.E.F. is only $15 a year.
If you are interested in joining, please fill out and return an appliation:
Membership Application (MS Word - uploaded 3/12/18)
Membership Application (PDF - uploaded 3/12/18)
If you have any questions about membership, please email the Board of Directors by clicking HERE.
ARTICLE I – NAME
The name of the organization shall be Christian Homes in Educational Fellowship - C.H.I.E.F.
ARTICLE II – PURPOSE STATEMENT
The purpose of C.H.I.E.F. is to:
- provide support to Christian homeschooling families through activities such as, but not limited to: group meetings, field trips, assistance in choosing curriculum, communication, and other needs that may arise;
- help protect the rights of parents in educating their children at home in a manner pleasing to God;
- mutually encourage one another to maintain high standards (Hebrews 10:24-25); and,
- organize for the benefit of representation in C.H.E.C.K. (the statewide homeschool organization) for coordinated efforts of political and legal concerns.
ARTICLE III – STATEMENT OF FAITH
- 1. The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- God is one being who eternally exists as three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (John 10:30; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18).
- Jesus Christ is fully God and man (John 1:1, 14); born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18); sinless in His life (Hebrews 4:15); He died on a cross as a substitution for sinful men (Hebrews 9:15); He rose bodily from the grave (John 20:1-9, 24-31; Acts 2:24); and now reigns with the Father (Mark 16:19; Hebrews 10:12); He will return visibly and personally to the earth both in salvation and judgment (Acts 1:11; Hebrews 9:28; Matthew 24:30; 2 Corinthians 5:10).
- We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:1-17).
- All humankind is sinful by nature (Romans 3:23; 5:12) and can only be forgiven by the expression of individual trust in Jesus as Savior, not trusting in any personal works (John 3:16), but brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-7, Ephesians 2:8-9).
B. We affirm that the Bible teaches:
- God created the world and everything in it.
(Genesis 1-3, Exodus 20:11, Hebrews 11:3, Colossians 1:16, Revelation 4:11)
- God the Son, Jesus Christ, is king, and all creation is ultimately subject to Him.
(John 1:1, Matthew 28:18, Hebrews 1:3, 5-10, Revelation 19:16)
- God created all humankind in His image and therefore sacred from conception.
(Genesis 1:26-31, Exodus 20:13, 21-22-23, Matthew 25:40)
- God created men and women with equal value and with distinct roles and gender identities.
(Isaiah 3:11-12, Galatians 3:28-29, 1 Cor. 16:13, Ephesians 5:22-33, 1 Tim. 2:8 -15, Titus 2:2-8)
- God created marriage to be a covenant relationship exclusively between one man and one woman.
(Genesis 2:24, Malachi 2:14, Matthew 19:4-6, Romans 1:24-28, Ephesians 5:22-33)
- God created sexual intimacy exclusively for marriage.
(Genesis 2:24, Exodus 20:14, Proverbs 5:18-23, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 7:1-6)
- God ordains men to be the leader of their home and family.
(Genesis 3:16-17, Ephesians 5:22-33, Colossians 3:18-21, 1 Peter 3:1-7)
- God commands parents, not the state, to instruct and train their children.
(Deuteronomy 6, Proverbs 1:8, 22:6, Ephesians 6:1-4)
- God commands children to honor and obey their parents.
(Exodus 20:12, Proverbs 30:17, Romans 1:30, Ephesians 6:1-3)
- God created the church for His glory as the institution for His people, with Christ as head, and with human leadership. The Church exists for corporate worship, fellowship, reconciliation of sinners, and works of ministry. (Matthew 16:18, John 13:34-35, 1 Cor. 3:9-15, 12:27, 2 Cor. 5:18-21, Acts 2:41-47, 20:28, Ephesians 2:10, 4:11-13, Hebrews 13:7, 1 Peter 5:1-5, Revelation 2 & 3)
- God created civil government to carry out His purposes of justice.
(Deuteronomy 1:13-18, Romans 13:1-7)
- God will hold every individual to account for their actions.
(Matthew 25:31-46, 2 Corinthians 5:10, Hebrews 4:12-13, Revelation 20:11-15)
ARTICLE IV – RELATIONSHIP OF C.H.I.E.F. TO OTHER SUPPORT GROUPS
This local organization will cooperate and communicate with other support groups currently existing or to be established on the local, state and national levels without compromising Articles II and III.
ARTICLE V – MEMBERSHIP
C.H.I.E.F. shall be composed of homeschooling families who desire to affiliate. Membership shall include those individuals who agree with the Statement of Faith and agree to abide by the Constitution of the organization.
Those who cease to agree with the Statement of Faith, or abide by the Constitution, or in some way bring disruption to the organization shall be biblically confronted by the officers for restoration; but if unrepentant, they will be excluded from membership (Matthew 18:15-20; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5; 2 John 9-11).
Resignation of membership will occur immediately upon receipt of written notification to any officer of
Membership dues will be per family and will be determined each year by the officers with approval of the membership in a regular business meeting. Special provisions will be made for those who desire to be members, but are unable to pay.
Dues will entitle members to the rights to vote, to be included in C.H.I.E.F. communications, and to participate in C.H.I.E.F. activities.
This organization shall not in any way impinge on the rights of parents to educate their children as they believe best.
ARTICLE VI – OFFICERS
The officers of C.H.I.E.F. shall consist of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. All offices will be filled by annual election. Elections shall be held in the spring with the new officers beginning service August 1st. Upon resignation or dismissal of any officer, the current officers will appoint a replacement for the remaining term.
The Chairman shall provide the oversight for C.H.I.E.F. through the other officers and persons appointed by them. He shall preside over all meetings of the organization, work with the Treasurer in the disbursement of funds, and speak for the organization. The Vice-Chairman shall assist the Chairman in the performance of his duties and chair special committees set up by the Chairman. The Secretary will be responsible for keeping a record of each meeting and handling necessary correspondence. The Treasurer will receive funds, disburse payments, and provide an accounting of this activity at each called meeting. Records shall be reviewed or audited annually as determined by the officers.
The officers shall be subject to censorship or dismissal from office by a 2/3 vote of the membership in a regularly-called business meeting. Officers of C.H.I.E.F. shall meet the following qualifications:
- Officers shall be men. The reason for this is that the organization is composed of homeschooling families over which men are to provide the leadership according to Scripture. C.H.I.E.F. is an extension of the home and should mirror the home.
- Officers shall have educated or have been committed to homeschooling for at least one year. This allows the inclusion of those who are not formally or structurally educating their children, but are committed to homeschooling.
- Officers must be members of C.H.I.E.F. but are exempt, if they desire, from dues.
ARTICLE VII – MEETINGS
The time, date, place and frequency of meetings and events shall be decided by majority vote of members present and voting, or as called by the Chairman. All business meetings shall be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order.
ARTICLE VIII – EXECUTION AND AMENDMENT
This Constitution shall become effective upon approval by two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members present and voting at a general meeting called for that purpose. This Constitution may be amended by a three-fourths (3/4) vote of the members present and voting at a general meeting of the organization, provided the proposed amendment is posted to the C.H.I.E.F. website and email notification of the proposed changes is sent to all members, or a written copy mailed if requested, at least one (1) week in advance of the meeting.
Revised May 19, 2000; Revised June 30, 2012, Revised 12 June 2015